What sets Lago apart
After the renovation in 2013, Lagomarcino Hall, home of the School of Education, boasts its natural light, technology-laden classrooms, and a home for the faculty and staff of the School of Education, College of Human Sciences, and Psychology department.
Following a second renovation in 2015, a new atrium, more classrooms, offices, and technology for the entire school to use were built with the $5.7 million budget.
Some of the features that can be found in Lagomarcino Hall include:
- Student lounges
- Media:Scape stations, allowing for strong collaboration
- Easy access to the Courtyard Cafe
- Technology-rich classrooms, such as the Terry Peterson Denny classroom, that contains media stations that seat six students, have a large table with six cable connections in the center, and a large liquid-crystal display monitor. This room also has cameras and microphones throughout, which allows for connections with outside rooms or people via collaboration tools, such as Skype.
- The Center for Technology in Learning and Teaching (CTLT) which contains items for checkout, including Macbooks, digital cameras, poster printers, GPS units, aWii, and iPod touch to aid in classroom projects
- Access to the majority of School of Education faculty and staff
- Unique artwork, specific to the SoE