Teacher candidates have the right to appeal Educator Preparation Program policies or practices.
Teacher candidates need to follow the Appeal Process and complete the Appeal Form (in Word format).
If you are having issues with this form please try the PDF version (Appeal Form - PDF). *Note you will have to save a copy of the PDF form to your computer before you can fill it out.
In general, teacher candidates needing to appeal an Educator Preparation Program policy or practice will follow this procedure:
- Establish with Academic Advisor the extenuating circumstances requiring the appeal.
- Complete the updated Appeal Form.
- Have the Academic Advisor sign the Appeal Form.
- Have that the Program Coordinator sign the Appeal Form. For elementary education majors, the Director of Undergraduate Studies needs to sign the form.
- Print out and attach a recent degree audit or transcript.
- Attach any other relevant material to support the request for the appeal.
The completed Appeal Form needs to be submitted to Heidi Doellinger, Director of Educator Preparation at 2648D Lagomarcino Hall.
The Selection and Retention Subcommittee will review Appeals at its monthly meeting unless extenuating circumstances exist.
The Appeal Process Deadlines are as follows:
- All appeals for spring semester must be submitted to the Director of Teacher Education Services by the Monday before the first Thursday in December.
- All appeals for fall semester to be considered prior to Summer Term must be submitted to the Director of Teacher Education Services by the Monday before the first Thursday in May.
All appeals following Summer Term for fall semester must be submitted to the Director of Teacher Education Services by the Monday before the first day of fall semester.
For additional questions, please contact your academic advisor.