Background checks for candidates in a placement in a DHS licensed child care setting
Students must complete the Iowa background and the National check before they participate in the practicum teaching experience – before they enter an experience with students.
IOWA BACKGROUND CHECK
To initiate the Iowa background check, do the following:
1. Review the Student Self-Reporting of Alleged Criminal Misconduct Policy.
2. Save, fill out, print and then sign the following forms as part of the Iowa background check process
- State of Iowa Non-Law Enforcement Record Check Request Form A ($16)
- Authorization for Release of Child Abuse Information and the Authorization for Release of Dependent Adult Abuse Information.
- The National Check requires fingerprint cards. Pick up the cards in 133 MacKay.
- Have your fingerprints rolled at the Dept of Public Safety at the Armory.
Submit the completed forms, along with $39 if doing both. $16 if only doing the State check, $23 if only needing fingerprints. Please bring payment in the form of a check or money order.
NOTE: We do not accept Cash and cannot charge your Ubill or credit/debt card), to 0133 MacKay. (If you reported a charge on the form for self-reporting, please complete the process below.)
*Hint: If you first save the form to your desktop and then open with Adobe Reader you will be able to type in your information.
Self-Reporting Previous Charges: Initial Background Check
Please fill out the Form for Self- Reporting and return with your Background check. If you receive a charge after your initial check it is your responsibility to self-report that information to the TES office.
Finding Background Check Information on Tk20:
1. Go to: http://iastate.tk20.com
2. Log-in using your NetId and Password
3. Click on “Preferences” on the menu on the left side
4. Click on “Profile” on the menu on the left side
5. Click on the “Details” tab at the top of the page.