Application Deadline: February 1, 2018 (extended to March 15, 2018) for Summer 2018 admission
Click here for more information on our M.A.T. program for Secondary Science Educaton.
Click here for more information our our M.Ed. program for Secondary Math Education.
- Complete the online graduate application. Note: if you have previously been admitted to the Graduate College at Iowa State University, DO NOT complete an online graduate application. Instead, please fill out Section I of the "Request to Transfer from One Major/Program/Department to Another" form and submit this form, along with the below required application materials, directly to Robyn Goldy, Graduate Support Specialist for the School of Education.
- Compose up to a 500-word statement of intent addressing your goal(s) or purpose in pursuing an advanced degree; reason for selecting the School of Education for graduate work; and your professional background, areas of interest in education, and long-term professional goals. You may enter this statement on page 4 of your online graduate application, or you may also upload this statement as a separate document to your online graduate application.
- Upload your current resume to your online graduate application.
- Identify three references who will provide you letters of support. At least one letter should be from a faculty member at a college of university who can speak to your potential for success as a graduate student. Letters of support should address the applicant’s written and oral communication skills, aptitude for advanced study, creative talent, and potential for a successful career.
On your online graduate application, you will have the opportunity to enter the names and email addresses of your three references. If you choose the option of using the online process, your references will be emailed a form to fill out once you have submitted your online graduate application. Once your reference has completed the form and submitted it, it will automatically upload to your online graduate application. If you choose not to use the online process on the online graduate application, please have your references fill out this form and email it directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- GRE scores are required to apply for the M.A.T. in Science Education for secondary teacher licensure or the M.Ed. in Math Education for secondary teacher licensure. To be eligible for consideration, you must receive a minimum score of 146 Verbal and 144 Quantitative. Official GRE results are sent electronically by the Educational Testing Service. Our School Code is 6306. No Department Codes are required. Your scores will be uploaded your your online graduate application file once ISU has received them.
- Order your official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions you have attended. These should be sent to:
Office of Admissions
100 Enrollment Services Ctr.
Iowa State University
Ames, IA 50011-2011
- INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS ONLY: A TOEFL score of at least 83 or an IELTS score of at least 6.5 is required for consideration for admission to the School of Education. Please upload your official TOEFL or IELTS score report to your online graduate application.