Thank you for your interest in Iowa State University’s Preparation for Leadership (PreLEAD) program, which leads to a Master’s degree and K-12 principal licensure. Application deadline for Fall 2018 is May 1, 2018.
- Complete the online graduate application. Note: if you have previously been admitted to the Graduate College at Iowa State University, DO NOT complete an online graduate application. Instead, please fill out Section I of the "Request to Transfer from One Major/Program/Department to Another" form and submit this form, along with all of the below required application materials, directly to Robyn Goldy, Graduate Support Specialist for the School of Education.
Note: you will not use the online graduate application process for your letters of reference. Instead, we request that you use the PreLEAD Candidate Support Forms instead. You may still list your references on the online graduate application, but do not select "use online process."
- Candidate Support Forms are required from the following individuals, who must have direct knowledge of your professional performance:
Telephone contact will be made with these individuals to verify your references.
- An administrator who is your current or former supervisor
- A colleague
- One reference of your own choosing.
Your references may email or mail these forms directly to Robyn Goldy, Graduate Support Specialist for the School of Education.
- Complete the PreLEAD application form and upload to your online graduate application
- Applicants to the Educational Leadership for P-12 principal licensure (PreLEAD) are asked to compose an essay on school leadership that responds to the below statement. Limit your total responses to no more than three typed or computer-generated, double-spaced pages. Please include your name at the top of each page. Please upload this document to your online graduate application.
- Upload your current resume to your online graduate application.
- Order your official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions you have attended. These should be sent to:
Office of Admissions
100 Enrollment Services Ctr.
Iowa State University
Ames, IA 50011-2011