Educator Preparation Program graduate students benefit from scholarship opportunities from both the School of Education and College of Human Sciences.
The following scholarships are available from the School of Education for graduate students in the Educator Preparation Program. Typical award amounts range from $500 to $1000.
Richard and Shirley Warren Graduate Fund
- C&I graduate student in good academic standing
Margaret and Barton Morgan Scholarship
- Full-time C&I graduate student preparing to become a teacher or school administrator in a pre-K-12 school system
- 3.0 GPA
- Selection based on scholastic achievement and financial need
Edgar A. & Evelyn Benzler Tanruther Scholarship
- Graduate student with a professional focus in elementary education
Graduate student in the College of Human Sciences in good standing. (The School of Education is part of the College of Human Sciences.) These scholarships do not have other pre-specified eligibility criteria.
These college scholarships vary in number and award amount. This 2012-2013 academic year it is anticipated that the Educator Preparation Program will award five $1000 college scholarships to be shared between new and continuing students and three to five smaller scholarships between $200 and $300.
Application materials include:
Completed application form (on College of Human Sciences website)
Letter of support from major professor or temporary adviser (the faculty member should submit this directly to the email below)
Cover letter describing your goals for graduate study and future career plans. Also note which scholarships you would like to be considered for and any additional information not in the application form that addresses your qualifications for a particular award and any additional information about your scholarly/professional accomplishments not addressed in your application materials.
Unofficial transcript from AccessPlus (for continuing students)
- A sample of your scholarly work. Examples include, but are not limited to: a paper that has been published or submitted for publication, a paper written for a course, a research report you authored.
All application materials must be submitted electronically to email@example.com no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, March 30, 2012.
Graduate Minority Assistantship Program (GMAP)
George Washington Carver Doctoral Fellowship Program
Student Financial Aid