Students must have:
- A minimum of 9 credits hours at Iowa State University with a 2.5 cumulative grade-point-average (GPA). (Student must maintain 2.5 cumulative GPA throughout the program in order to continue through the program)
- Praxis COREscores with a minimum of 156 in Reading, 162 in Writing, and 150 in Mathematics.Also accepted are GRE 146 Verbal and 144 on Quantitative for the GRE revised general test.
- Documented completion of an Iowa State University-approved 10 hours of pre-student teaching field experience.
- A minimum of a "C" in ALL Curriculum and Instruction (C I), Human Development and Family Studies (HD FS), and Special Education (Sp Ed) courses required for licensure (pedagogy coursework).
- A minimum of a "C-" in ALL Major department courses/content courses required for teacher licensure (content coursework). (This is for courses taken from Fall 2007 forward).
- A valid Iowa criminal background check report processed by ISU's recommending official.
- An e-portfolio started and meeting the program requirements for admission to the teacher education program.