School of Education
Elementary Education Student Advisory Council
Purpose: The purpose of the Elementary Education Student Advisory Council is twofold. First, this group will provide advise and feedback related to the elementary education program, its curriculum, its policies, and its procedures. In this capacity, the Council may bring forward concerns and/or issues from the students in the program to the Undergraduate Studies Committee and the Director of Undergraduate Education. Second, this group provides leadership opportunities to students in the program.
Membership: Membership on the Council will be representative of the student body in the program. Representation from the following areas will be included:
Year in school
Students will serve a two-year term. As students rotate off, new members will be solicited from the School of Education faculty, academic advisors, and staff. Care will be taken to include students who may not otherwise seek leadership roles.
Meetings: The council shall meet at least once a month, but can decide to meet more often. All meetings are open and guests are welcome to attend. Agendas for each meeting will be published prior to the meeting. Notes from each meeting also will be posted. (Need help on the place to post notes)
Advisors: Faculty, academic advisors, or staff members of the School of Education will serve as advisors for the Council.
Policies and Procedures:
Expectations and norms for the Councils work.
Bringing an issue to the Council
Initial Membership (2015-2016): [Name - area(s) of specialization, year in school)
- Erin Raney – Math and Technology, Sophomore
- Hannah Ober – English/Language Arts and Math, Junior
- Melissa Lee – Social Studies, English/Language Arts and Technology, Junior
- Dawn Thompson – Science, Junior
- Jennifer Clements – Special Education and Math, Junior
- Dazja White – Math, Sophomore (Student of color)
- Breely Wernimont – English/Language Arts and Technology, Senior
- Karson Westerkamp – English as a Second Language, Junior
- Jessica Demry – Social Studies, Junior (Transfer student)
- Katie Dombrosky – Freshman
- Melissa Aymond-Pineda – Math, English/Language Arts, Senior (Non-traditional student)
- Megan Doubleday – Social Studies, Senior (Representative of ISUEA)
- Andy Sullivan – Social Studies, Spring 2016 (Student getting a second degree)
- Jaylee Pierce – English/LA and Social Studies, Junior (Non traditional student)
Past Meetings (Notes /Agendas/ Meeting Minutes)