Faculty and Staff Directory » Dan RobinsonView Directory | Update Profile
- B.S. in Higher Education Administration/Counseling Psychology ,Iowa State University, 1970
- M.S. in in Higher Education Administration/Counseling Psychology,Iowa State University, 1972
- Ph.D. in Higher Education Administration/Counseling Psychology, Iowa State University, 1978
- Director of Graduate Education
- Interim Vice President for Student Affairs
- Departmental Executive Officer (Department Chair),
- Program Coordinator for the M.S./Ph.D. degrees in Higher Education Administration
- Assistant Dean College of Education
- Director Student Affairs Research Office
- Counseling Psychologist in the Student Counseling Service for a period of 14 years.
- He also serves as a consultant to 34 colleges, universities, business/industry.His client list includes First Data Corporartion,Western Union,Telecheck, American Express, Ernst/Young, Garst, Novartis, and Kraft General Foods
- NCAA Division I Certification Team Member in the areas of governance, equity, fiscal integrity, student athlete welfare and he was member of the Visitation Team for University of Texas at El Paso, Michigan State University, Florida State University, and University of Houston.
- Recipient of the Gordon Lawrence Award, 2003. This award recognizes an outstanding contribution to the field of education that promotes or makes possible the constructive use of psychological type.
- Recipient of the Robert H. Shaffer Award for Academic Excellence as a Graduate Faculty Member from NASPA (an 8000 member association), 2001. This award was established in 1986, in honor of the contributions of Robert H. Shaffer, dean and professor emeritus at Indiana University. This award is given to a tenured member who is teaching full time in a graduate preparation program in student affairs. Nominees must be a personal inspiration to graduate students, have served on doctoral committees, have distinguished records of scholarly achievement, including publications in relevant literature and made significant contributions to professional associations.
- Association for Psychological Type President's Award, June 2001. This award is for exceptional service contribution of time and talent, support of APT, and promotion of the ethical use of psychological type over many years.
- Iowa State University Division of Student Affairs Thomas B. Thielen Award, April 2001. This award is in recognition of outstanding service to the student body.
- Iowa State University, College of Education Superior Teaching Medallion, 1999. This award is for outstanding performance in classroom teaching and instructional contribution outside the classroom over an extended period of time.
- Iowa State University Division of Student Affairs, 1997. This award expresses great appreciation to for strong leadership, sensitivity, and insight as Interim Vice President for Student Affairs.
- University Faculty Citation, received in June 1995, in recognition of long, outstanding and inspiring service to the University community
- the Presidential Service Award, received in 1994, in recognition of exemplary contributions beyond the ordinary course of duty in the areas of diversity, multiculturalism and service to Iowa State University
- Faculty Award for Outstanding Service to Minority Students, received in 1994 and 1995
- University Professor Award which he received in May 1993, this title is given to Iowa State University faculty as evidence of their professional excellence and outstanding service to Iowa State University and their profession, and in recognition of significant contributions to the department, college and university in the areas of teaching, research, and professional service and for overall distinguished service as a member of the Iowa State University faculty.
- Iowa General Assembly for Teaching Excellence, 1991, a special recognition award.
- NASPA Region IV-East Outstanding Service to the Profession through Teaching Award, 1990
- Iowa Student Personnel Association Distinguished Service Award and the Outstanding Service Award, 1989
- American Psychological Association
- Association of Psychological Type
- Phi Delta Kappa
- National Association of Student Personnel Administrators
- Phi Kappa Phi National Honor Society