Guide and requirements
Teacher candidates have the right to appeal Educator Preparation Program policies or practices.
In general, teacher candidates needing to appeal an Educator Preparation Program policy or practice will have the following procedure:
- Establish with academic adviser the extenuating circumstances requiring the appeal
- Complete the updated appeal form
- Have the academic adviser sign the appeal form
- Have that the program coordinator sign the appeal form
- Print out and attach a recent degree audit or transcript
- Attach any other relevant material to support the request for the appeal
- The completed appeal form needs to be submitted to the Director of Teacher Education Services, 133 MacKay Hall
The selection and retention subcommittee will review appeals at its monthly meeting unless extenuating circumstances exist.
Appeal process deadlines
The appeal deadlines are as follows:
- For the spring semester, all information must be submitted to the Director of Teacher Education Services by the first Monday in December.
- For the fall semester to be considered prior to summer term, all information must be submitted to the Director of Teacher Education Services by the first Monday in May.
- Following summer term for fall semester, all information must be submitted to the Director of Teacher Education Services by the second Monday in August.
For additional questions, please contact your academic adviser.