Guide and requirements
Teacher candidates have the right to appeal Educator Preparation Program policies or practices.
Teacher candidates need to follow the appeal process and complete the appeal form in Tk20. Directions on how to access and complete the appeal form in Tk20 can be found under the Tk20 Quick Guide for Appeals: Teacher Candidates.
In general, teacher candidates needing to appeal an Educator Preparation Program policy or practice will have the following procedure:
- Establish with academic adviser the extenuating circumstances requiring the appeal
- Complete the appeal form in Tk20
- Have the academic adviser review the appeal form in Tk20
- Have that the program coordinator review the appeal form in Tk20
- Attach a recent degree audit or transcript to your appeal form in Tk20
- Attach any other relevant material to support the request for the appeal
- Once the appeal form is complete, contact the Director of Teacher Education Services, following the directions provided
The selection and retention subcommittee will review appeals at its monthly meeting unless extenuating circumstances exist.
Appeal process deadlines
The appeal deadlines are as follows:
- For the spring semester, all information must be submitted to the Director of Teacher Education Services by the first Monday in December.
- For the fall semester to be considered prior to summer term, all information must be submitted on Tk20 the first Monday in May.
- Following summer term for fall semester, all information must be submitted on Tk20 by the second Monday in August.
For additional questions, please contact your academic adviser.