To apply to the Educational Technology program in the School of Education, you must meet the following minimum requirements for admission:
- Undergraduate degree (e.g., B.A., or B.S.) from an accredited institution
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) in your undergraduate degree. Applicants with a GPA below 3.0 may be admitted on restricted admission status
- Applicants whose native language is not English must demonstrate proficiency in English with a minimum TOEFL score of 83 or an IELTS score of at least 6.5 for consideration for admission to the School of Education
- Additional requirements apply to Ph.D. applicants
Applying to the School of Education
Before applying to Iowa State Graduate College, candidates must submit the pre-application package to the School of Education faculty review committee. The admission process is competitive and limited to the most highly qualified students. Enrollment is limited to 15-18 students only.
We admit students on a rolling basis which means you can submit your application at any time. Applications are reviewed monthly up to the deadline. Application deadline for the next cohort starting Fall 2019 is July 15.
- Complete the pre-application form
- Letter of intent: Compose up to a 500-word statement addressing your:
- Goal(s) or purpose in pursuing an advanced degree
- Reason for selecting the School of Education for graduate work
- Professional background
- Long-term professional goals
- Current resume
- Letters of recommendation: Identify three references who will provide you letters of support. If possible, at least one letter should be from a faculty member at a college or university who can speak to your potential for success as a graduate student. Letters of support should address the applicant’s written and oral communication skills, aptitude for advanced study, creative talent, and potential for a successful career. They must be printed on official letterhead and added to the pre-application package or have your references fill out this form and send via email to email@example.com.
- Academic transcripts: Submit a copy of transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions you have attended. Note: you will be required to submit official transcripts to the Graduate College after receiving the SOE recommendation to graduate studies.
- Pre-application package: Submit all documents in digital format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline for Fall 2019 is July 15.
Applying to the Graduate College
- After receiving application recommendation, applicants must complete the online application for graduate studies. Please review the complete information and access to the online application system.